Tuesday 8 June 2010

A beautiful day on the BB


So the sun was shining, the neap tide was
coming in and Clare was in work. Couldn't
go racing so what should I do to keep myself
and the children entertained.
Yep......get the boat hooked up and off down
to Mumbles, met some competitors for the
Gower Cat Challenge and then off round the
Mumbles head and down the Peninsular.
I wasn't expecting to be faster than the competing
Catamarans but there again no one was really
expecting for the wind to drop from 5mph to 0mph.
I guess we were lucky that we had the egg whisk
on the back! As you can see it really was a fab day
and after 3 hours and no complaints from the
crew I decided it was time to return to dry land
for Ice Cream.
Directly behind me in top photo is Ilfracombe, North Devon and in the bottom photo it is Limeslade

No comments:

Post a Comment